Welcome to Sharp and Howells
Sharp & Howells is a consulting chemical analysis and industrial forensic chemistry laboratory.
Established in 1922 our laboratory is the oldest NATA accredited privately owned chemical laboratory in Australia and we love handling complex chemical problems.
We are the "Chemical Investigators" and answer a broad range of chemical questions.
Being Australia-wide, we service clients ranging from home owners to Multi-National corporations and International Regulatory Bodies.
Sharp &Howells is or has been a member of the following organizations over its 93 years:
- NATA- National Association of Testing Authorities
- RACI - Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- SAI Global- Standards Australia
- CIA-Concrete Institute of Australia
- C&CA- Cement and Concrete Association
- ACA-Australasian Corrosion Association
- FESA- Forensic Engineers Society of Australia
- AIBS-Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- FPA-Fire Protection Association
- ACM-Chamber of Manufacturers
- BDPS- Building Dispute Practitioners Society
- SIA- Science Industry Australia
- SIS- Scientists in Schools
- ACRA- Australian Concrete Repair Association
- NAIL-National Association Of Independent Laboratories
See also our Microns To Measure Laboratory- for particle size distributions
See also our Concrete Research Facility- for all concrete testing